Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Siddle Sidelined With Injury

Australia fast bowler Peter Siddle has been ruled out of the upcoming tour of New Zealand and the remainder of the domestic season with a back injury.

The 25-year-old has been diagnosed with a stress fracture in his lower back which flared during Australia's recent limited-overs international series against Pakistan.

"The source of the pain was investigated after the fifth one-day international and unfortunately scans revealed that he has a lower back stress fracture," said Australia team physiotherapist Alex Kountouris.

"The nature of this injury means that Peter will require a long rehabilitation period and as such he'll be unavailable for the remainder of the domestic summer and the tour of New Zealand."
Comeback

Meanwhile, Brett Lee could make his comeback from injury in the Indian Premier League when it gets underway on March 12.

The veteran fast bowler is recovering from an elbow injury after undergoing surgery and was unable to say when he will be back to fitness, but the IPL could provide a perfect outlet for his return.

"I'm still quite a few weeks off bowling at this point in time," said Lee. "But I'm comfortable with the way things are shaping up."

Lee also hinted he still has goals to fulfil before bringing down the curtain on his cricketing career.

"I have to work out what I want from cricket now," he added.

"I'll just see how the arm pulls up, see what's in front of me, and see what things I want to tick off in terms of my cricketing life."

No comments:

Post a Comment