Saturday, February 27, 2010

Duo Share Lead in Singapore

Kim Song-hee and Angela Stanford are tied for the lead on five under par at the midway stage of the Women's HSBC Champions in Singapore.

The duo sit a shot clear of a group of five players - Suzann Pettersen, Sun Young Yoo, Juli Inkster, who all carded rounds of 70, Han Hee-Won (65) and Ai Miyazato (70).

Stanford could well have been clear on her own having birdied the 10th hole to reach eight under. However the American went on to card bogeys at the 12th and 14th before dropping another shot at the last to end up with a 71.

That left her level with Kim, who managed four birdies and two bogeys in her two-under score of 70 at the Tanah Mareh Country Club.
Bad decisions

"I felt like I played the front nine really well and the back nine not so well," Stanford said afterwards.

"So I don't know, I guess it could be a combination of things, but it was a completely different wind on the back side, literally switched as I got to the 10th tee.

"I just made a couple of bad decisions, and 14 is hard. That back pin is tough for me. As high as I try to hit it, I can't stop it back there.

"I just made a couple of bad decisions, bad chips, and didn't make some putts that I should have on the back side.

"I'm disappointed. My caddie made the comment that it's only Friday, but like I said yesterday, these girls are so good that if you have the opportunity to create some space, you should.

"I feel like I missed that opportunity today. But you know, obviously it was tough coming down the stretch for everybody, so just happy to be learning."

Having been in a four-way share for the lead after the opening round, Cristie Kerr managed a 73 to lie two shots off the pace on three under - the same total as Yani Tseng after her fine 67.

Lorena Ochoa, who had been one of those level with Kerr at the top prior to play getting back under way on Friday, endured a disappointing day.

The world number one ended up signing for a round of 79 that included a triple bogey at the last. She is now on three over in a six-way tie for 39th.

No comments:

Post a Comment