Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Baggies Still Keen on McArthur

West Bromwich Albion manager Roberto Di Matteo has confirmed he is still keeping tabs on Hamilton Academical midfielder James McArthur.

Di Matteo tried to sign the highly-rated McArthur during the January transfer window, but saw an initial loan offer rejected by Hamilton.

The Championship club are continuing to monitor the 22-year-old and Di Matteo is not ruling out another bid in the summer.

"We're still watching James and we'll see what develops at the end of the season," said Di Matteo.
Watson relief

Meanwhile, West Brom's new signing Ben Watson is determined to make the most of his opportunity after moving to The Hawthorns on loan for the rest of the season.

Watson, who had a spell at Queens Park Rangers earlier in the campaign, had become frustrated by his lack of football at Wigan and is looking forward to his stint with the Baggies.

"I was called back from my loan and told I would get a chance to play at Wigan, but I've only played half an hour in six weeks so it has been frustrating," said Watson.

"That's not what I want. I am at an age where I need to be playing first-team football and when the chance came to come to Albion I didn't need any persuading at all.

"It's frustrating that I can't play in the game tonight against Reading, but I'm cup-tied, so I will be raring to go against Derby if I get a chance on Saturday."

No comments:

Post a Comment