Monday, February 15, 2010

Hussey Focused on Future

Michael Hussey insists retirement is not on his mind and he desperately wants to be a part of Australia's trophy quest over the next two years.

Hussey, who turns 35 in May, said his motivation to continue was high and his goals included the 2011 World Cup.

"Looking ahead to the next year, we've got some huge series coming up," noted Hussey, who did not make his Test debut until he was 30.

"I'd love to be involved in the Twenty20 World Cup in the West Indies.

"We've got to win the Ashes back, so I'd love to be part of that. Then there's a (50-over) World Cup coming up after that, and I'd love to be part of that too.

"For me personally I'm very, very determined to be part of those big three series and I'll be trying to do everything I can.

"Beyond that I'll have to step back and have a look at it."

No comments:

Post a Comment