Saturday, February 13, 2010

Malik I Will Expose Yousuf

Shoaib Malik has hit back at Pakistan team-mate Mohammad Yousuf, insisting he will "expose him publicly".

Yousuf was captain of Pakistan for the recent tour of Australia that saw them fail to win a match in either the Test or one-day series, as well as a one-off Twenty20 International.

In the aftermath of the disappointing trip, the experienced batsman stated that the issues with the national team stemmed back to Malik's time in charge.

"Nasim Ashraf (former Pakistan Cricket Board chairman) made a big mistake by making Shoaib Malik the captain," Yousuf said.

"It was during his captaincy that the culture of groups within a team took root and respect for senior players fell.

"Two or three players are spoiling things in the team and I will reveal their names in the next few days."
Response

Malik - who will captain Pakistan again in the Twenty20 series against England - has launched an emphatic response to Yousuf's comments.

"Yousuf has made some serious allegations against me and this time I am going to expose him publicly," the all-rounder stated.

"These allegations are untrue. I have always been a team man and I have done nothing to spoil the atmosphere of the dressing room.

"Yousuf attacked me first when I was captain in 2008 and he is doing it again now when I have been made captain for the two matches against England."

The Pakistan Cricket Board have created a six-man panel to investigate the reasons behind the disappointing results in Australia.

Yousuf is scheduled to be questioned by the six-member group that is headed by PCB's chief operating officer Wasim Bari. It has been reported that Malik's request to also appear before the panel has been turned down.

No comments:

Post a Comment