Friday, February 12, 2010

DeGale Homecoming

British boxer James DeGale is set to make his long-awaited return to a London ring this Saturday, as the Olympic gold medallist takes on Matthew Barr at Wembley Arena.

Since turning professional the 26-year-old has been in five fights, with the most recent bout in Newcastle where he defeated Nathan King on a points decision.

DeGale has also fought in Birmingham, Belfast, Manchester and Liverpool, claiming victory in all of these matches.

With the big fight just around the corner, the Briton has admitted he is excited about returning to his home town.

He said: "Finally it has come. I've boxed all around England, in Ireland, everywhere apart from London. But now it's come.
Excitement

"I've sold nearly 400 tickets myself, the atmosphere is going to be great.

"I'll appreciate it even more now because I've waited a year for it. It's going to be great, from the ring entrance to the performance to match it.

"I definitely want to put on a show in London. I've got a feeling this is going to be my best performance to date.

"It's going to be explosive with speed and power.

Wembley will be hosting another two fights on Saturday, in what is expected to be a blockbuster event.

Nathan Cleverly is bidding to win the vacant European light-heavyweight title against Antonio Brancalion, whilst Kevin Mitchell will face up against Colombian Ignacio Mendoza in their lightweight bout.

No comments:

Post a Comment